हरिद्रा कटुका तिक्ता रूक्षोष्णा कफवातहा। वण्यां त्वग्दोषमेहाम्रशोधपाण्डुवणापहा॥
Turmeric is sometimes called Indian saffron because it is an ancient spice that has been used mostly in cooking. Turmeric is one of the most commonly used spices in Indian recipes for hundreds of years. It is known for its properties like blood purifying, anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties. Turmeric also supports in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation, and inflammation.
You can add turmeric as a spice to your cooked food, or drink turmeric milk at night. You can also use it as a face mask by mixing it with rice powder, raw milk, or tomato juice. Turmeric is good for all skin types (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). It is also used as a medicine to provide relief from pain and inflammation caused because of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. This is because of the presence of curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties. According to Ayurvedic textbooks, turmeric has various medicinal properties.
Turmeric is katu (pungent) in smell and Tikta (bitter) in taste. Turmeric helps to balance Kapha due to Rusksh (dry) property. It helps reduce the symptoms of aggravated Vata because of its Ushna (hot) nature. Turmeric also has Varnya (good for skin) property, which is beneficial in treating skin problems. Regular use of turmeric can provide relief from inflammation and other blood-related disorders.
Let’s check what are the benefits of turmeric for health & skin:
- Turmeric for Rheumatoid arthritis- Rheumatoid Arthritis is known as Aamavata in Ayurveda. Amavata starts with a weak digestive fire, which leads to the accumulation of Ama (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion). Turmeric helps to reduce Ama because of its Ushna (hot) potency and also Vata balancing property and thus gives relief from the symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis like pain and swelling in the joints.
- Turmeric for diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2)- Diabetes, also known as Madhumeha is due to an aggravation of Vata and impaired digestion. Turmeric helps remove Ama and controls aggravated Vata due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties. This thus helps control high blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric for Irritable bowel syndrome- According to Ayurveda, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is also known as Grahani. Turmeric helps to improve Pachak Agni (digestive fire) due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties. This helps to control the symptoms of IBS.
- Turmeric for Depression- Turmeric helps to reduce the symptoms of mental illnesses like anxiety and depression. According to Ayurveda, the nervous system is controlled by Vata dosha and an imbalance of Vata causes mental illness. Turmeric helps in balancing Vata and controlling the symptoms of mental illness.
- Turmeric for Acne- According to Ayurveda, aggravation of Kapha increases sebum production, which clogs the pores. An aggravation of Pitta also causes red papules (bumps) and inflammation with pus. Turmeric helps in balancing Kapha and Pitta in spite of Ushna (hot, which helps to remove clogs and inflammation as well.
- Turmeric good for your heart- Turmeric is good to maintain a healthy heart when it is taken daily as a part of the diet. This is because it helps lower high cholesterol and prevents blockage in blood vessels. Turmeric helps in controlling high cholesterol by reducing Ama because of its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties.
Today a viral infection challenges our immunity, thus we need to focus on nutrient-rich foods and a well-balanced diet. Adding turmeric to a diet or mixed with boiling milk will help you boost the immune system and is like a cherry on the cake. Mixing turmeric with other kitchen ingredients like milk, honey or lemon will help you achieve healthy and radiant skin.
BIOAYURVEDA is a brand of luxurious Ayurveda and has an exotic range of health & immunity Ayurvedic products formulated with holistically Ayurvedic herbs that give fewer side effects. If you want to experience the luxurious Ayurveda, then visit our website https://bioayurveda.com
“Keep Yourself Safe And Healthy and try to stick to the natural because nature is good”.