The pandemic has made us fall back into the minimal aspects of our life. Studies showed that even a simple thing like wash hands was huge in curbing the spread of the virus. Indeed what the pandemic taught us was to keep a check on your immunity. It is defined as the body’s defence mechanism against diseases, as a person with a weak immunity will be susceptible to getting sick quickly while a person with strong immunity will not be susceptible or will not get the maximum symptoms of the disease.
Immunity is the key to fending off major diseases and living a long and healthy life. So from the time of the pandemic, there have been many studies that have laid emphasis on increasing the immunity of people. There are many ways to strengthen immunity like eating healthy foods but today we at BIOAYURVEDA are here to tell you about making ayurvedic kadha for immunity (decoction) and its preparation at home.
Ayurvedic Kadha or decoction is from chapters of Ayurveda potions concocted using herbal and natural elements like flowers, herbs, and spices. You might be amazed to know even tea is one such concoction that has been popularised over centuries. The story goes In China herbalist Shen Nung decided to try the boiled water in which some peculiar leaves had fallen, and that's how the world found Tea.
A technique of the past kadha for immune health is finding a new life and is quite the buzz. The medicinal drink was hyped by the Ministry of Ayush when it hailed Ayurvedic kadha for immunity boosting. The components that go into immunity kadha making are very minimal like turmeric powder organic, dalchini powder, ajwain seeds, cumin and black pepper.
Let us look at the benefits of Ayurvedic kadha for Immunity
- It boosts gut health and regulates the digestive system.
- Ayurvedic kadha also treats skin problems as it has turmeric and ginger that helps with curing skin tone, wrinkles and fine lines.
- It also relaxes muscles as it has the ability to counter inflammation.
- It helps with the symptoms of the common cold like unblocking nostrils, controlling coughing and sneezing.
- It also helps the body to fight respiratory diseases.
With so many benefits ayurvedic kadha for immunity is a must for every family’s health. It can be made at home with basic cooking ingredients. Today we’ll show you how to make immunity kadha at home.
You’ll be needing the following ingredients:-
½ teaspoon dalchini powder(cinnamon)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
10-12 black peppercorns
10 tulsi leaves
1) Take a steel pan and pot and pour water into it.
2) After you see bubbles in the water then add all the ingredients.
3) Bring it to a boil on a simmering flame.
4) Keep it boiling till the concoction is reduced to half(500 ml).
5) Turn off the flame and strain the kadha into cups.
The preparation serves four people.
At Bioayurveda we have an array of products that were created with the vision of creating organic entities and negating synthetics and chemicals. This vision has led to the creation of organic ginger powder, dalchini powder, ajwain seeds, cumin powder. All our products are free of synthetics, parabens and additives. For this, we ensure to make products on the strict guidelines of WHO GMP, FSSAI and FDA. This is all we have on this story on Ayurvedic Kadha for immunity. Check out other products of luxurious Ayurveda on the homepage.
Chandra Shekher Iyer
Content writer based in Delhi, with an overwhelming love for Films, brands and memes.