Indian food is incomplete without dal and pulses. They are rich in protein, considering that India's population is majorly vegetarian, so dal and pulses become the crucial part of the meal. Dals and legumes are the staple food in every Indian household, and no meal is complete without the addition of these protein-packed legumes. Dals, the protein powerhouse, are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. But in packed food, beautification matters the most, therefore, to enhance the attraction of these nutrient-rich legumes they undergo with the polished procedure. And polished dal loses its nutrients and health benefits.
While we buy dal online, we look for attractive packaging. Although polished dal looks shiny and attractive but not really nutritious, so are we ready to compromise the nutrition of our family based on aesthetics? Let’s find out why you should choose unpolished dals over polished ones.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF UNPOLISHED DAL
When dals and pulses bear polishing, the husk is removed to make them shiner and beautiful. The husk is a natural fibre of dals and we know how important is fiber for the body. So when you buy polished dals and pulses, you miss an important nutrient in your meals, ie fibre. Check below how pulses are beneficial for our health.
- Promotes Iron Stores- pulses and dal are the storage of essential minerals and iron is one of them. Iron is the essential nutrient that plays a vital role in correcting iron deficiency anaemia and pumps iron levels. Apart from this, dal and pulses loaded with folic acid promote fetal growth, brain development and avert neural tubal defects in the newborn. Dal on average offers 6-12% of the daily requirement of iron.
- Protein-Rich: Dals are brimming over with amino acids - the building blocks of protein. Lentils are one of the high protein pulses and must be a part of your diet plan. They fulfill the need of the body for essential amino acids that are not formed by the body and need to consume through outside meals. According to the Ayurveda, major dal pacifies pita and Kapha whereas aggravating Vata.
- Helps To Control Unwanted Weight: Dals fill you up and keep you feeling fuller for longer; this is attributed to the rich fiber content. It reduces those hunger pangs and ensures that you don’t reach out for starchy and sugary foods by giving you a steady supply of energy. Protein is low in glycaemic index helps you to attain weight loss goals by reducing the appetite, boost metabolism and restricts the intake of overall calories.
- Ideal For Diabetics: The dal is an ideal food for diabetics! The fibre makes sure that the blood glucose levels stay steady and do not oscillate. The balance of complex carbs and protein provides a slow and stable source of glucose and helps thwart sugar fluctuations. And keep the glucose level of the body in check.
- Free Radicals Scavengers: Legumes are rich in polyphenols, a potent antioxidant that helps to destroy the free radicals and staves off oxidative damage. The antioxidant-rich dal protects our body from a host of diseases and builds the overall immunity of the body.
- Dals Or Pulses Are Heart-Healthy: Dals have loads of soluble fibre, which has an active part to play in controlling blood cholesterol levels. Clinical trials show that 5 - 10 grams of soluble fiber lower LDL cholesterol by about 3 - 5%. Dals are also an excellent source of saponins and phytosterols, which reduce cholesterol, prevent atherosclerosis and ward off cardiac disorders. This helps us reap in maximum nutritious benefits of natural nutrients along with giving food wholesome flavor.
Be prudent, while selecting the dal, try to choose unpolished dal brands and buy unpolished dals, and steer clear of the smooth, shiny variety. When buying dal, ensure that you select organically grown and unpolished ones. Lentils are most definitely a great wait to sneak in oodles of nutrition without sacrificing flavour.
BIOAYURVEDA is the best dal brands in India that initiate to ensure you provide organically grown and unpolished dal and pulses. We are unpolished dal brands that selected our dal and pulses from organic farms and undergo all the nutrition safety tests to reach your home with a packet of complete health and nutrient-rich pulses or spices. We try to serve affordable unpolished dal price thus everyone gets the pocket of full protein-filled meal every day.
For more, you can visit our website https://grocery.bioayurveda.com and explore our herbal health and skincare-related products.