“No matter how busy a person is, if you are important, they will care for you!!
If we pay attention to this quote we understand how important it is to care for people. No matter our schedule, we should take out time to care for our loved ones. And this can only be done to others if we love ourselves first.
Self-care and self-love are the most important aspects in these unprecedented fast-paced times we need to take out time for ourselves. As we all are working for the entirety of the week with no compromise. We need to make time for ourselves.
We at Bioayurveda are here to discuss self-care tips that can change the #weekendwellness game for you.
Importance of self-care
We should always remember that self-care is not selfish. We break our backs, guts and will in pursuit of our dreams. Now, this takes a toll on our mental and physical well-being. So, to rejuvenate our health and well-being, we need to take a deep dive into self-care and know its importance.
- Self-care is important as taking care of your mental health keeps a track of grievous problems like anxiety, depression, eating disorders and addictive behaviour.
- It is very important as it relies on physical activities to boost physical and digestive health. Whenever we carry out a physical activity the sugars in our body break into digestible substances. A healthy self-care physical activity can do wonders for our body shaping and keeping our cardiovascular health away from heart attacks and respiratory problems.
- Self-care also is about meditating and getting to know things about yourself so that you can take better care of yourself.
Ayurveda has always been a strong professor of self-care as it preaches that people should take care of their health and incorporate activities that trigger the body’s self-healing abilities. Here are Bioayurveda’s 5 natural self-care tips to elevate your weekend.
5 Natural Self-Care Tips from BIOAYURVEDA
As we all our continuously working from Monday till Friday or Saturday we need to take time out on weekends so that we can maintain that work health balance.
- Skin care: If you’re reading this then it’s time to start taking care of yourself and your skin on your own. Our skin is always exposed top factors like Sun damage, environmental pollution, the foods we eat and allergies. All of these factors take a toll on our skin. For good skin health we should adapt a cleansing toning and moisturizing routine.
We should be mindful in using products that are natural and gentle on our skin with no chemicals or adulterants that cause allergies, pigmentation or any other form of damage.
- Mental Health: On weekends we should take out time to read, meditate, asses our thoughts so that we charge our mental batteries. We can also soothe our minds by massaging our heads with natural oils of coconut, Gooseberry, almond and eucalyptus. Furthermore, it is a fact that inhaling eucalyptus opens nasal opening and also removes dirt and bacteria in the nasal cavity.
- Diet: There’s a very famous quote that says “We are what we eat” According to Ayurveda we should figure out our health personality or Doshas. It is based on the concepts that we should eat the foods that suit us. Another reason that is to be taken here is we need to consume foods that are fresh and organic. Many farming corporates in today’s time to increase productivity use techniques that make the crop artificial. This treatment has been done to crops like rice, spices, pulses and dry fruits. So we must go for organic options as they are healthier options.
- Exercise: Physical activities and exercises are a great way to release the endorphins inside the body that make you feel good. They burn calories and promote cardiovascular health. Activities like Yoga, running, cycling swimming, weight training and team sports can really help you out. They also have a positive effect on depression and anxiety.
- Doing off beat stuff: On weekends a really great way to promote self-care is to pick up an task that you don’t have incorporated in your lifestyle. It can be like cooking something new, reading a new book, trying new skin care, going on a trek or hike. What these activities do is take your mind off the tension running on in your day to day life. Trying new stuff also releases endorphins that promote self-care health.
Self-care is appreciating our body’s efforts to fulfill our dreams if we don’t pamper it, we may not find our desired result or goal as a fatigued mind and body get you nowhere. So in order to achieve more in life take a moment especially on weekends to rejuvenate your body. Ayurveda is the best way to naturally relax the body and most ancient form of self-care. That’s all on this story find out more on our homepage.
Chandra Shekhar Iyer- A sports and movie fanatic with a keen eye for memes,my vice for telling tales is what brought me into writing. All of my strories are yours and yours are mine.